What is craniosacral therapy?
Woman having head and neck massaged. Craniosacral therapy involves applying gentle pressure and manipulation to the joints in the skull, spine, and parts of the pelvis. CST is a non-invasive, hands-on therapy that aims to enhance the body's own healing capabilities.
This light touch is said to affect the pressure and circulation of cerebrospinal fluid, which is the fluid around the brain and spinal cord. This process is thought to relieve pain and dysfunction.
Practitioners claim that CST can be carried out as a standalone treatment or used in conjunction with medical or other alternative therapies.
Craniosacral therapy can help to improve the functioning of the nervous system, relieving pain and improving mobility.
Craniosacral Therapy helps relieve a full spectrum of pain, illness and dysfunction, including:
- TMJ Syndrome
- Central Nervous System Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Orthopedic Problems
- And Many Other Conditions
- Migraines and Headaches
- Chronic Neck and Back Pain
- Stress and Tension Related Disorders
- Motor Coordination Impairments
- Infant and Childhood Disorders
- Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
- Chronic Fatigue
Therapists that do this service are: